There’s 101 things on your to-do list with party season fast approaching and the last thing you need to worry about is protecting your hair’s health as the months get colder and dryer.
As winter approaches, our hair starts to find it harder to retain moisture due to the lack of moisture in the air, making it prone to more breakage and more damage. Not to mention one of the most annoying things about our winter wardrobes - frizzy, static hair!
On the bright side, these problems can certainly be avoided so you can continue to glow throughout the colder months. So, to help you shine bright like a diamond this Winter, we've asked expert stylist Joseph Ferraro for the best winter hair care tips, so you don’t have to.
- Try not to go out with damp hair in the cold weather as your hair expands when it’s wet. This will cause breakage and means that colours will fade more quickly.
- Try not to shampoo your hair as often in the Winter because of increased central heating. Central heating will dry your hair out could cause a flaky scalp. Instead, invest in a good, trustworthy dry shampoo to cut out those unnecessary washes. Joseph recommends R + Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo.
- Use weekly hydrating treatments and hydrate your hair over night with a mask or serum to prevent any breakage. This will also help to lock in and seal any coloured treatments.
- Always use a leave in conditioner, we reccomend our Magical Potion to help lock in moisture and help prevent any frizz caused from damp air!
- Stay hydrated! Make sure you drink plenty of water to help keep your scalp and hair healthy and hydrated.
- Use a lower temperature when styling, this will help lock moisture into your hair to stop it from feeling dry and unhealty. All of our styling tools allow you to choose the temperature best suited to your hair type.