Cloud Nine Ofﬁce to Party - Beach to Ballerina
Ballerina chignons were all the rage this Fall/Winter.
At Marchesa and Diane von Furstenberg, topknots were high and effortlessly undone, while slightly lower versions were spotted at Roberto Cavalli and Altuzarra. Start by wearing your hair in beach waves throughout the day so it looks like you’ve been pirouetting all morning.
1. Prep your freshly washed hair using a generous amount of strong-hold mousse and blast dry in.
2. Section your hair into vertical sections around the head.
3. Starting at the front, wrap the section around the wand in a direction away from the face.
4. Drop the curl into the palm of your hand and scrunch; this will encourage it to set and last throughout the day/night.
5. Continue curling each section, alternating the direction in which you wrap it around the barrel. This will give it a natural, softer result.
6. To finish; shake out the curl using your fingers and spray with a sea salt spray for extra texture.
1. Divide your hair in two from ear to ear.
2. Starting with the back section; gather your hair into a high ponytail around the crown and tie with elastic.
3. Moving on to the front section- Gently back brush to create a little extra lift.
4. Using your fingertips, bring the hair into a second ponytail and join to the first.
5. Once the two are connected, tease out any stray hairs with your fingers for a soft ethereal feel.
6. Because of the tousled waves you created in the morning, the texture in the bun is already there. Simply wind the around itself and secure with grips and pins.