The humble braid: AMPLIFIED.
Is your bank balance a little depleted this Christmas? With yummy food, festivities and gifts to pay for, you may think that investing in some KILLER hair accessories for your Christmas party looks is out of the question. Well, what if we told you that you could achieve this GORGEOUS look using an accessory that costs less than £1? We know – sounds too good to be true!
Well, it’s true. We’ve got you covered with this GORGEOUS metallic braid. It uses one of the EASIEST, cheapest and most underrated hair accessories… thread! You can pick up some metallic thread like the type we’ve used here in almost any sewing or craft shop for less than £1. Keep reading to see how to create this super simple party look, perfect for any hair type or length!
- To begin, curl your hair into loose, messy waves using our Original Iron. Hailed the ultimate hair straightener, The Original Iron features seven temperature settings, meaning you can select the heat best suited to your unique hair type. Ensure you curl in different directions to ensure your hair doesn’t look too uniform. If your hair is naturally curly or textured, simply brush through with your fingers for a SEXY, tousled look.
- Next, brush your hair into a side parting, adding a small amount of hair serum to the side you intend to braid for added GLOSS and hold. We LOVE the Kerastase Elixir Ultime L’huile Original for this.
- Create 3 thin French braids in the side of your hair that you slicked back.
- Taking a blunt needle (safety first ladies!), carefully weave the metallic thread through your braids.
- Grab The Original Iron and point the Iron upwards and curl through the ends.
- To give extra VOLUME and SASS, lightly clamp the root area upwards to give some extra hold.
- Backcomb at the root and give a final spritz with a firm hold hairspray. Try ColorWOW Firm + Flexible hairspray – this innovative spray does not alter your colour and won’t leave you with the ‘crunch’ factor like some other hair sprays!
Et voila! GORGEOUS, funky braids – perfect for party season. If you do give this style a try, don’t forget to tag us using #CloudNineHair on social media. We LOVE seeing your looks!
Back to Styles
12th November 2019